Interactive workshop against gender based violence (2019- Ongoing)
Interactive workshop is conduced under SAHAJ project. It is a district level event conducted in Banke, Dhanusa, Nawalparasi, Kapilbastu, Rupandehi, Pyuthan, Dang, Siraha and Saptari
The participants were from Nepal Police, Court, Government Attorney Office, National Human Rights Commission, Hospital, District Bar Association, Legal Aid Lawyers, judicial committee member of local government unit, mediator, activists, district administration office, division forest office, shelter home, GBV control group and different nongovernmental organization working in the sector of GBV.
Objective of the workshop –
- To increase capability and capacity of the concerned security and judicial actors while dealing with the issue of gender based violence.
- To focus on the procedural aspects of organization while dealing with the survivors of GBV.
- To inform the role of different participating organization in the cases of GBV and bring out the problem while dealing it.
- To increase coordination and cooperation among different institution working to minimize GBV.
- To bring all the stakeholder (JSPs) in a common platform and unfold the lacunas and hurdles faced by them.
- To disseminate the ways and techniques to deal with the survivors of GBV with special consideration on psycho social counseling.
- To deliberately ask them to make action plan to reduce GBV and show commitment for its fulfillment.
National Advocacy Program
FWLD and National Women Commission (NWC) jointly organized a national event on GBV on 17th December, 2019
Concerned stakeholders working in the sector of GBV from government authority and different non governmental organization along with media personnel participated in the program
- To welcome newly appointed Honorable Minister Parbat Gurung(Ministry of Women, Children and Senior Citizen)
- To bring NWC and MoWCSC in a same platform and share the activities carried out within SAHAJ project and the positive result achieved.
- To increase cooperation with NWC and MoWCSC to eliminate GBV.
Immediate outcome –
- MoWCSC and NWC acknowledged the activities carried out within SAHAJ project.
- MoWCSC and NWC showed commitment to work together with all sector to end GBV.
- Hon’ble Minister Parbat Gurung stated to focus on the implementation of laws and regulation to end GBV.
Media orientation program
- FWLD organized media orientation program on harmful social norms and laws against gender based violence on 24th February, 2020
- Participants working in different print media and online media attended the program
- To discuss and orient media on various harmful social norms existing in our society
- To discuss and provide information about different laws against GBV
- To discuss about the role of media
- To find out ways to pick up issues and cases relating to social norms through media and making it effective.
- To discuss on how media could play a significant role in social transformation