FWLD is inviting proposals for the creation of a music that explores issues related to legal identity document particularly citizenship certificate. Citizenship right is a fundamental human rights and essential prerequisite for accessing basic services, exercising civil and political rights and participating fully in society. The purpose of this video is to raise awareness and inspire action on the topic of citizenship in a creative and engaging way. The video should creatively explore and raise awareness about the challenges that individuals and communities face in asserting their citizenship rights, particularly in the context of prevalence discriminatory laws and contemporary social, and political dynamics. The music video should be no longer than 6 minutes and should be in a format that can be easily shared on social media platforms.
The music video should address one or more of the following themes:
- The importance of inclusive citizenship and the negative consequences of exclusion
- The challenges faced by individuals in obtaining citizenship or in exercising their rights as citizens
- The impact of discriminatory citizenship laws and policies and also practices on individuals and communities
- The role of citizenship is fostering social cohesion and promoting a sense of belonging
FWLD encourages proposals from artistic, filmmaker, music video directors and other creative who are passionate about the issue of citizenship and have a strong vision for how music and visual media can be used to convey a powerful message.
Proposal should include:
- Letter of Interest
- A brief overview of the proposed music video concept (Content and Storyline will be provided by FWLD)
- Proposed Budget
- Registration certificate under the law of Nepal
- Tax clearance certificate at least up to 2078/79 fiscal year
- A sample of previous work (if available) that demonstrates the applicant’s creative and technical skills.
Ownership / Copyright
- FWLD will own the final product and retain all rights to use, edit and distribute it as it sees fit
The proposal should be submitted preferably on or before 7th Feb, 2023 during office hours (before 5 PM) to FWLD’s office. We look forward to reviewing your ideas and working with you to create a powerful music video that inspire action on the important issue of citizenship.